Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Catholic Life: Stephen B. Whatley the Praying Artist


Commentary by Loci B. Lenar

Stephen B. Whatley is a gifted and talented artist that paints with spiritual inspiration, which flows from his heart and soul on to the canvas in a contemporary flair of abstract colors. 

Stephen's Christian art is featured in the September 2011 issue of Catholic Life magazine.

I am very grateful to Stephen for allowing me to post his beautiful work on this blog.

His artwork is also on the homepage of Christian-Miracles.com and can be seen throughout our site with corresponding devotional prayers, including The Chaplet of Divine Mercy and Prayers to Our Lady of Lourdes.

***

By Stephen B. Whatley

Blessed with my biggest interview and feature to date about my work and faith in Catholic Life magazine (September 2011) which has honoured me with the cover and a 6-page feature that includes 10 pictures.

Tony Glacius who interviewed me in July has written a powerful and hard hitting feature that covers my life experiences and career - all aspects including my expressions of my faith. From early tragedy, to the solace and trials of working with my art. The feature includes details on one of the spiritual experiences during one of my portrait sittings with a TV personality; my Royal commissions; and the profound reactions of American nuns, who discovered my work.

Catholic Life is available in the UK, USA and Canada. Deep gratitude to Tony Galcius and editor Brendan Gilligan who presented this feature so beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment