Saturday, December 25, 2010

Heavenly Jesus by Stephen B. Whatley

Heavenly Jesus
By Stephen B. Whatley

Heavenly Jesus - Advent 2010 by Stephen B. Whatley | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Guest post by Stephen B. Whatley

In prayer, I felt I saw Christ, in the sky....on the second Sunday of Advent, December 5th, after attending Mass. Walking across Covent Garden, London - on my way to swim, which has become a regular prayerful exercise I stopped, looking up at the clear blue sky, and was praying.

As I gazed at a single white cloud, deep in prayer- I seemed to 'feel' Jesus, a sense of his head and shoulders- within the whiteness - and a gentle blue halo. Virtually abstract. As ever, the mind questions,interferes, however deep the faith (I often ask Jesus to hear my heart, not my mind...) and the cloud changed - but His image felt imbedded in my heart.

Exhausted from swimming - and the cold winter temperatures!  I felt unable to attempt any artistic interpretation once home; but on the Monday I felt seized with an urgency to transcribe on paper a sense of what I felt; resulting in the above drawing.

Jesus Christ is there for those who seek - and His love is eternal.

Happy Christmas - Peace and Blessings on His birthday and throughout 2011.


The Holy Nativity
Painted in 2008
By Stephen B. Whatley

Copyright 2010 Stephen B. Whatley

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment