Wednesday, August 12, 2015

PRAYER TO SAINT ANTHONY FOR PEACE




Prayer of the Month for August 2015

Dear Saint Anthony, yet again I greet you and thank you.
Throughout your life you always tried to be a peacemaker.
You were always reconciling enemies,
getting factions to work together,
smoothing and composing differences.


Our world is now upset with wars abroad,
with violence and dissension at home.
Everywhere in our cities and towns,
in our colleges and schools,
even in our churches,
a spirit of strife too often prevails.

These are all, as you know better than I,
the fruit of sin,
a sign of human instability and insufficiency.
Help us by your power before God to be peacemakers.
Help me especially to pray and work for peace in my family
and my neighborhood whenever I can.
I ask this favor in the name of our Lord, the prince of peace.
Amen.

V. Pray for us, St. Anthony,
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

More Saint Anthony Prayers: http://www.christian-miracles.com/saintanthonyprayer.htm

More Catholic Prayers: http://www.christian-miracles.com/devotionalprayers.htm
 
The statue of St. Anthony and Infant Jesus can be seen inside St. Bonaventure Church, 174 Ramsey Street, Paterson, NJ, USA.

Photograph by Loci B. Lenar



No comments:

Post a Comment