Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Jesus: Sacred Heart of Love

By Stephen B. Whatley

New work of art painted by artist Stephen B. Whatley in 2013 | Flickr.com

The following excerpt regarding the new painting is from website of artist Stephen B. Whatley:

Spontaneously created on the Feast Day of The Sacred Heart of Jesus, June 7th, a new tribute drawing, by expressionist painter Stephen B. Whatley, to the bountiful love that can be received from the Sacred Heart of Jesus in faith...especially through the following prayer, published in the prayer book, The Illustrated book of Jesus (William J. Hirten Co. 2011):

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in thee,
Whatever may befall me, Lord, though dark the hour may be;
In all my woes, in all my joys, though nought but grief I see,
O sacred heart of Jesus, I place my trust in thee.
When those I loved have passed away, and I am sore distressed,
O sacred heart of Jesus, I fly to thee for rest.
In all my trials, great or small, my confidence shall be
Unshaken as I cry, dear Lord, I place my trust in thee.
This is my one sweet prayer, dear Lord, my faith, my trust, my love,
But most of all in that last hour, when death points up above,
O sweet savior, may thy face smile on my soul all free.
Oh may I cry with rapturous love, I've placed my trust in thee.

Pastel on paper.
16.5 x 11.5in

No comments:

Post a Comment