Sunday, April 07, 2013

Divine Mercy Sunday



DIVINE MERCY by Stephen B Whatley | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

By Stephen B. Whatley

Today, Sunday, April 7, 2013, is the Feast Day of Divine Mercy, which always falls on the first Sunday after Easter.

In one of His many miraculous visitations with the Polish nun Sister Faustina (1905-1938) - now Saint Faustina - Jesus asked her to tell the world that, "the very depths of my Mercy will be opened on that day. I will pour out a sea of graces upon those souls that will approach the fount of My Mercy on this day....let no soul fear to come to Me, even if its sins be scarlet..."

In February 1931, Jesus had appeared to Faustina and asked her to have an image painted as He appeared before her - with his hand held up in blessing; the other hand on his breast, from which flowed two rays: the pale symbolising the water, which cleanses and purifies the soul. The red representing the blood which gives new life to the soul. Jesus said " These rays will shield the soul before the justice of my Father..."

He asked that the painting be inscribed with the words, Jezu Ufam Tobie (Polish) - meaning Jesus I Trust in You.

Since February 2002 I have felt compelled to paint and draw my own interpretation of this Divine Mercy image, according to the instructions given by Jesus - each time hoping to reveal this message ever more powerfully - often on Divine Mercy Sunday. Yesterday , in prayer, I felt a 'divine push' to create in order to show today - keeping all those most suffering in my heart and with hope for world peace.

Love Christ and your life will change: Jesus I Trust in You.

Peace and Healings on this day.

Divine Mercy 2013 by Stephen B Whatley
Charcoal, chalk Pastel & Oil pastel on paper.
23.4 x 16.5in/59 x 42cm
www.stephenbwhatley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment