Saturday, February 02, 2013

Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament

Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament - By Stephen B. Whatley 

By Stephen B. Whatley

I am 'divinely pushed' when I create, especially my works of faith; so often when I might be suffering.

That day I was so tired in the evening but wanted to celebrate my niece, Grace's 5th birthday....exhausted so that I tried to draw and felt it wouldn't come so rejected the drawing, feeling upset...so I prayed harder, determined my energy would not be in vain and this, Our Lady of The Most Blessed Sacrament was the result. Truly one of my most powerful works I gratefully feel; by the grace of God.

May peace, healing and love shine on all who view this image.

Inspired by a devotion randomly selected from the Illustrated Book of Mary (William J. Hirten Co., NY, published 2010).

Our Lady of The Most Blessed Sacrament. 2013
Pastel on paper, 23.4 x 16.5in/59 x 42cm

For prints and original artwork by the artist, please visit the following link: http://www.stephenbwhatley.com/

To see other artwork by the artist, please visit the following link: www.flickr.com/stephenbwhatley

No comments:

Post a Comment