Thursday, April 23, 2009

Medical Miracles through Faith

Medical Miracles WSPA

Do you believe in medical miracles? The following excerpt is reprinted from a story written by Carrie Davis from WSPA regarding Bill Pitts, who is living proof that miracles do happen:

According to some people, Bill Pitts shouldn’t be here. He’s walking a life path he never thought possible and he’s been given a second chance to try a passion he’d only ever dreamed about.

Bill Pitts says, “I appreciate every day and I thank God for each day he gives me. I look at life a lot different today than I did in earlier years.“

You see Bill Pitts has stage four colon cancer. Three years ago he stopped all his treatments to live out his last days enjoying time with his family and his art.

Pitts says, “When I first got the news I was devastated. Medically speaking I am not supposed to be here, but here I am.“

According to his doctor, Dr. Steve Courso, Pitts is a medical miracle.

He says, “He was here just last month and he looks great. we can’t see any signs of the cancer in him.“

Dr. Courso says no one can figure out why these miracles happen. They are unexplainable by modern science.

Dr. Courso admits, “I don’t have a medical explanation. I just simply smile and realize God’s presence is in these patients.“

Bill Pitts says, “At some point they have done all they can do and at that point I believe is when God takes over in your life and that is the point I am at right now.“

At Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Chaplain Carson Rogerson says he’s seen cases like Bill Pitts before. He says he believes the miracles may occur when a persons mind, body and soul all get in line.

Chaplain Rogerson says, “ There is evidence to say a person who has practices of their faith whether it be prayer or meditation or some kind of worship attendance tend to have stronger immune systems. They certainly have a hope that would sustain them in difficult times.“

A study done at Pacific College of Medicine found that people who received prayer were six times less likely to be hospitalized than those who didn’t have someone praying for them.

(In Matthew 21:22, Jesus said, "Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.")

The complete story can be read with a video interview at the following link: http://www.wspa.com/spa/lifestyles/health_med_fit/medical/article/medical_miracles/16792/



2 comments:

  1. My name is Ayis Caperonis and I am a brain tumor survivor... recently I have self published a book recounting my experiences and my will to resume my life after the surgery. My goal writing this book was to try to help people facing adversity and give them hope!
    I wanted to ask you if you could help me spread my message or suggest what I could do to spread the word!
    I am attaching the link at amazon.com...
    http://www.amazon.com/Stepping-Over-Myself-Finding-After/dp/1438946023
    Thank you,
    Ayis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayis,

    I would suggest writing a press release about your book and then submitting it through PRlog at the following link: http://www.prlog.org/

    PRLog provides a free service and has a helpful layout for writing and releasing your press release. This should help in promoting your book and creating interest through the general media.

    Best wishes,
    Loci

    ReplyDelete