Friday, March 25, 2016

A New Tribute to Saint Patrick

Saint Patrick. 2016 by Stephen B. Whatley
A New Painting of Saint Patrick by International Artist Stephen B. Whatley | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

News from the artists website: A new painting of Saint Patrick, Patron Saint of Ireland, painted on St Patrick's Day in 2016 by expressionist artist Stephen B. Whatley.

The 5th century missionary introduced Christianity to Ireland and the artist was moved to learn that he often used the Shamrock to represent and explain the Holy Trinity: God The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

St. Patrick is also Patron Saint of Nigeria, Puerto Rico and several states in the USA including New York, Boston & Missouri.

"Christ be within me, Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ to win me, Christ to comfort and restore me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ inquired, Christ in danger, Christ in hearts of all that love me, Christ in mouth of friend and stranger." ~ from The Breastplate, St Patrick's poem of faith & trust in God.

Oil on canvas, 30 x 24in/76 x 61cm
www.stephenbwhatley.com


No comments:

Post a Comment