Thursday, March 21, 2013

Orthodox and Catholic Breakthrough? Pope Francis Embraces 'My Brother Andrew'



International News - Excerpt from Catholic Online

By Deacon Keith Fournier

Pope Francis, has made it clear. He will continue the work toward the day when the two lungs of the Church, East and West, breathe together again.

First, I want to share my heart with my readers. I long for the full communion of the Orthodox and Catholic Church. I pray daily for the full communion of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches. I do so because I believe it is the will of God that "All May be One" (John 17: 21).

I am also persuaded that the healing of the division between the two sister churches would unleash a profound renewal of the entire Church at the dawn of this new missionary age. I believe that the gifts found in the whole Church will enrich both East and West and assist us in the One mission which we must face together in our One Lord.

Read more: Orthodox and Catholic Breakthrough

No comments:

Post a Comment