Saturday, June 16, 2012

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus - Photo by Loci B. Lenar


Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.

Visit with Jesus

I will pay a visit to Jesus at least once each day. In my own words I will tell Jesus that I believe that He is truly present in the tabernacle and that I adore Him, as He is my God. I will talk to Him about any joy or trouble I have had since my last visit. I will say a short prayer, for instance: "Jesus, my God, I adore Thee here truly present in the Sacrament of Thy love." Amen.

Devotional Prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment