Friday, February 11, 2011

A Reflection of God's Light in Madison, NJ

St. Vincent Martyr Catholic Church
Photo by Loci B. Lenar

By Loci B. Lenar

While traveling through the town of Madison on October 9, 2010, I decided to visit St. Vincent Martyr Catholic Church.  My normal routine when I stop at any church is to go inside and say some prayers.  I also usually have my camera on hand and take some photographs as well.  If you're ever in Morris County, by all means do visit this beautiful church.  You will not be disappointed.  St. Vincent is located on 26 Green Village Road in Madison, New Jersey.

Some images from the church already appear in my previous blogger posts.  However, while looking over various photographs, one caught my attention which I find very interesting.


Mary and Infant Jesus Statue
Photo by Loci B. Lenar

I photographed the statue of Mary holding the infant Jesus which sits behind the alter and is surrounded by a flora arrangement and church lighting.  If you look at the picture very closely there is three distinct shadows appearing on the wall.  Two shadows on the right are of Mary and infant Jesus.

However, is the reflection of light creating a third image?  The shadow on the left appears different. Is the silhouette on the wall a likeness of the statue or perhaps an image of St. Joseph or Jesus? 

What's your opinion?  Is the image being caused by church lighting or perhaps a reflection of God's light? 

Our Lord indeed works in mysterious ways to grab the attention of people through signs!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment