Sunday, December 05, 2010

Prayers to St. Peregrine Laziosi


St. Peregrine Laziosi
Patron of Cancer Patients
Autom Prayer Card

Novena to Saint Peregrine

GLORIOUS WONDER-WORKER, St. Peregrine,
You answered the divine call
With a ready spirit,
And forsook all the comforts of the world
To dedicate yourself to God
In the Order of His Most Holy Mother.

You labored manfully
For the salvation of souls;
And in union with Jesus Crucified
You endured the most painful sufferings
With such patience
As to deserve to be
Healed miraculously
Of an incurable cancer
In your leg by a touch
Of his divine hand.

Obtain for me
The grace to answer
Every call of God
And to fulfill His Will
In all the events of life.

Enkindle in my heart
A consuming zeal
For the salvation of souls;
Deliver me from the infirmities
that afflict my body

(name your petition)

Obtain for me
Perfect resignation to the sufferings
It may please God to send me,
So that, imitating our Crucified Savior
And His Sorrowful Mother,
I may merit eternal glory in heaven.

Amen.

St. Peregrine, pray for me
And for all who invoke your aid. (3 times)


Prayer to Saint Peregrine

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.

(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.

Amen.


Saint Peregrine Laziosi - Catholic Online

The following information is from Catholic Online:

Peregrine Laziosi was born of a wealthy family at Forli, Italy, in 1260. As a youth he was active in politics as a member of the anti-papal party. During one uprising, which the Pope sent St. Philip Benizi to mediate, Philip was struck in the face by Peregrine. When Philip offered the other cheek, Peregrine was so overcome that he repented and converted to Catholicism.

Following the instructions of the Virgin Mary received in a vision, Peregrine went to Siena and joined the Servites. It is believed that he never allowed himself to sit down for thirty years, while as far as possible, observing silence and solitude. Sometime later, Peregrine was sent to Forli to found a new house of the Servite Order. An ideal priest, he had a reputation for fervent preaching and being a good confessor.

When he was afflicted with cancer of the foot and amputation had been decided upon, he spent the night before the operation, in prayer. The following morning he was completely cured. This miracle caused his reputation to become widespread. 

He died in 1345 at the age of eighty-five, and he was canonized by Pope Benedict XIII in 1726. St. Peregrine, like St. Paul, was in open defiance of the Church as a youth. Once given the grace of conversion he became one of the great saints of his time. His great fervor and qualities as a confessor brought many back to the true Faith. Afflicted with cancer, Peregrine turned to God and was richly rewarded for his Faith, enabling him over many years to lead others to the truth.  He is the patron of cancer patients.

More Devotional Prayers

For Prayer Support:
http://www.christian-miracles.com/apps/prayers/

Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. St. Peregrine, if it is God's will, I beg you to heal my dad of his cancer. If you do this for me, I promise to spread devotion to you.
    Jacqueline D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please St. Peregrine pray for the healing of my sister Betty, who has pancreatic cancer, her husband Steve who has lung cancer and my other brother-in-law Bob who also has lung cancer
    Signed Joan U

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Beloved St. Peregrine: Thank you for making my father's treatment work so far. I pray that it continues to work and that my Aunt Marie's works as well. We are all Blessed because of you. I love you with all my heart. ML

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please St. Peregrine works for the miracle for my husband Roy regarding the tumor they found in his bladder hope it can be cure as soon as possible touch does heart of the doctors to do everything without waiting for long. dolor

    ReplyDelete
  5. St. Peregrine, my friend Rosie Guillen needs your intervention because her tumor has increase in size and chemo is not working. She is due to start new medication on March 16, 2012. Please let this be these new medications work for her with your help. Thank You!
    EMGR - Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. St. Peregrine, please help my brother-in-law to cure from liver cancer. I know you are powerful of all. I'm begging you. You give him a miracle, a second chance to live and enjoy life. He will undergo medications, I hope and pray that it will cure, effective and prolong his life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most holy saint I beg that you protect and save my only son. He is suffering from metastatic melanoma. He is my whole world and life. I feel so hopeless. Mothers are supposed to make their children better and this is the only way I can, via prayer. Please save him. Ask God and all the saints in heaven to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. St.Peregrine i beg you to please cure my brother in law's stage 4 cancer malignant fibrous histiocytoma. He had 2 sessions of chemo but his tumor did not shrink. Please help the oncologist find the right chemo drug to shrink the tumor. Please prolong his life and let him enjoy with my sister and their children. I asked you this through Christ our Lord and through the intercession of Our Mother Mary i pray that my prayers will be granted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. St. Peregrine, You are the miracle worker for cancer, please heal my finacee from cancer. Lift this horrible disease out of his body, so we can continue to make plans for our wedding and work as your servant. Christ our Lord through the intercession of our Mother Mary I strongly pray that my prayers be granted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear St. Peregrine please pray for my daughter Manahil Roger who is suffering from acute lymphoblastic leukaemia she only 3 years old. I request you please prayer for my daughter to our Lord and Father Jesus Christ and Mother Mary

    ReplyDelete