Monday, August 30, 2010

Praying the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Church of Saint Ann, Hoboken, New Jersey
Photograph by Loci B. Lenar

How to Pray the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart of Jesus - Franciscan Focus

The chaplet and following instructions can be found on the website of the Franciscan Focus


Chaplet of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Photo copyright Lisa, sfo of FranciscanFocus.com

The chaplet is composed of 39 beads (or knots, in this case) -- 6 of which are large, and 33 small -- a centerpiece, crucifix, and a Sacred Heart medal. The small beads represent the 33 years of the mortal life of our Lord. The first 30 call to mind the years of his private life and are divided into 5 groups of 6. The 3 near the crucifix recall his public life.

To Start: On the crucifix, pray the Anima Christi:

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Separated from Thee let me never be.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me.
And close to Thee bid me.
That with Thy saints I may be
Praising Thee, forever and ever.
Amen.

On the small beads say:
Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.

On the large beads say:
O Sweetest Heart of Jesus, I implore
that I may ever love thee more and more.

After each grouping, say:
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

To End, Finish on the centerpiece and pray:
May the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament
be praised and adored and loved with grateful affection,
at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world,
even to the end of time.
Amen.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a Sacred Heart Chaplet! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a prayer request...The United States is in grave danger and can avoid much sorrow if it turns to Jesus and acknowledges His Holy Mother.
    A call to repentence will come for all...Now I have immediate needs I have become financially
    devastated. I have helped the poor and the suffering and now I am in difficulty.I found this time to be a special teaching by Jesus for me... Please pray for my family...My brother a
    very special soul is being attacked by dark and
    negative thoughts...The doctors give him medicines but some help a little and still at
    times he suffers so...He cries...He is such a
    good man and a Christian Catholic. Other members of my family are suffering and are in
    need of special graces to make it through their
    tests and trials...Thank God for a site like you
    have in these times....

    ReplyDelete
  3. May Our Lord help all those who are in need of His divine mercy.

    ReplyDelete