Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Novena to Saint Joseph

Photograph by Loci B. Lenar

Prayer to Saint Joseph over 1900 Years Old
Say this prayer for nine consecutive mornings
for anything you may desire.

O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

O Saint Joseph, assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. Amen

O Saint Joseph, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions. O Saint Joseph, pray for us. (Mention your intention)

The following information regarding the St. Joseph Prayer is published in The Pieta Prayer Book by the Miraculous Lady of the Roses, Hickory Corners, Michigan:

The prayer was found in the 50th year of our Lord Jesus Christ. In the 1500's it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle. It is said that whoever shall read this prayer or take it with them, shall never die a sudden death or be drowned, nor shall poison take effect on them; neither shall they fall into the hands of the enemy, or shall be burned in any fire or shall be overpowered in battle.

Make this prayer known everywhere.

Imprimatur
Most Rev. George W. Ahr
Bishop of Trenton

The above intercessory prayer to St. Joseph can be found on Catholic Websites.  For additional prayers, please visit the following link: Devotional Prayers

The statue of St. Joseph holding the infant Jesus can be seen outside of St. Mary's Church, located on Myers Avenue in Denville, NJ, USA.

Photograph Copyright 2010 Loci B. Lenar
Christian-Miracles.com 

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Loci, I pray this prayer daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, thank you for sharing your comment about the St. Joseph prayer. I too have prayed the novena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 years ago, my son was shot 9 times and I was not a person of faith. When I arrived at the hospital; my son was in a coma and his prognosis was not good. The hospital that he was in had sheets from another hospital named St. Joseph's on his bed. I did not give it much thought until I sat at his bedside and opened a prayer book randomly and it was a novena to St.Joseph; at that very moment I suddenly felt a warm safe feeling come over me and i knew in my heart St. Joseph was watching over my son. From that day on things about St. Joseph kept coming to me, someone's birthday, cards, I just can't explain.

    Well, my son has fully recovered and is very healthy. During that time; I found an old St. Joseph's Missal from the 1950's and I kept it with me always. My pocketbook was stolen 3 weeks ago and that was one of the items I was heartbroken over losing. Today, I said a prayer to God to renew my faith and asked for a sign because I been having a rough time lately. One hour after praying I received a phone call that my pocketbook was found (money gone) but my St. Joseph's missal was in it. Thank You God and St. Joseph for hearing my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pray this prayer with me for me too please. I too am having a hard bad time in this point in my life with my marriage kids and family. I just started saying this prayer. Please pray this with me and for me for the restoration of my family, marriage and kids. God bless. Heather G. Legaspi

      Delete
  4. Sheila, thank you very much for sharing your testimony. May Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless you and your family with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

    O Saint Joseph, assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

    O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. Amen

    O Saint Joseph, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions. O Saint Joseph, pray for me. (Mention your intention)

    I THANK YOU! ST JOSEPH FOR HEREING MY PRAYERS. JOANN NEVELS

    ReplyDelete