Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Sign of God's Protection: Robber Flees in the Name of Jesus



The YouTube video is from Inside Edition

Frisco store owner uses name of Jesus to stop robber - News for Dallas, Texas Dallas Morning News

The following excerpt is from an article By JESSICA MEYERS/The Dallas Morning News:

Marian Chadwick used the heftiest weapons she could find when a man tried to rob her Frisco shop Monday night (January 13, 2010), her finger and the power of God. And they worked.

Chadwick owns Extravagant Necessities, a crafts boutique near Stonebriar Country Club. She was finishing a sale with her last customer of the day when a hooded man walked in, pointed a gun at her and demanded money.

Chadwick told him she had none. He pounded the gun twice on the counter.

"I got mad," said the 57-year old, pursing her lips. "The Texas part of me was challenged. So I pointed my finger and said, 'In the name of Jesus, you get out of my store. I bind you by the power of the Holy Spirit."

The gunman took a step back and told customer Kathy Vereen to drop to the floor. After she refused, Chadwick pointed her finger at the man and continued to chastise him. He walked out of the store cursing. He took nothing.

Chadwick ran out to look for license plates while Vereen called 911. The whole thing was caught on tape.

"We experienced the power of God; that's why we weren't scared," Vereen told Chadwick as they processed the incident two days later.

Chadwick said her faith stems from a Christian upbringing in Dallas. Her life continues as a series of missions, said her husband. Chadwick finds local female artists and helps sell their goods in her store.
 
To read the complete story, visit the following link: Frisco store owner uses name of Jesus to stop robber

2 comments:

  1. Gods potection to the Jewish people today is just as significant as it was in the times of the bible.

    www.twitter.com/JohnSunol

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    Indeed, God's protection is shared by all people who believe in His Word.

    Psalm 91:9-16 says,

    If you make the Most High your dwelling—
    even the LORD, who is my refuge-
    then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.

    For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so tha you will not strike your foot against a stone.

    You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

    "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

    He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.

    With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

    Loci

    ReplyDelete