Thursday, April 30, 2009
Revelation 20:1-3 states, "Then I saw an angel come down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss and a heavy chain. He seized the ancient serpent, which is the Devil or Satan, and tied it up for a thousand years and threw it into the abyss, which he locked over and sealed, so that it could no longer lead the nations astray until the thousand years are completed."
Please pray and petition Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to fulfill the biblical prophecy as written in the Book of Revelation in order to change the course of history into an era (Millennium) of peace. The biblical scripture is linked to a period of peace as foretold by Our Lady of Fatima during her 1917 apparitions in Fatima, Portugal.
As a messenger of heaven, Our Lady of Fatima conveyed God's plan for salvation and conversion through three shepherd children, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta. Our Lady also said in her message that "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph and a period of peace will be granted to the world." With those words in mind, please pray for Our Lady to intercede before the throne of God to obtain a blessing of mercy and divine protection so that peace can enfold humanity and the world with God's love.
Also pray for angelic help through the intercession of Michael the Archangel, protector of God's people and the church. Matthew 24:31 states, "And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."
Please do not underestimate the power of prayer!
In a spiritual locution received in 2007, 2008, and again in 2009, Jesus communicated and repeated the following: "Now is the time to move forward, release the truth and prophesy with scripture." In Luke 18:27, Jesus said, "What is impossible for human beings is possible for God." The personal locution has been shared with my spiritual advisor, Father Richard Tartaglia of Saint Mary's Church, Denville, NJ, USA.
Revelation 21:3 and 5 states, I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them as their God." The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Then he said, "Write these words down, for they are trustworthy and true."
Jeremiah 29:11-12 states, "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you," says the Lord, "plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you."
In Matthew 18:19-20, Jesus said: "I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
For additional insight on the biblical prophecy, including a miraculous photo of the Shield of Archangel Michael, please visit the following links: Signs of Angels and a Personal Testimony of a Spiritual Visitation of Our Lord and and Savior Jesus Christ
The article is also posted on Catholic Online.
Copyright 2009 Loci B. Lenar
signs and wonders christianity jesus christ scripture
bible religion catholic blogs christian blogs
holy spirit bible messages catholic prayer
our lady of fatima catholic news media
Excerpt from YouTube:
According to news reports, Vladimir Rostovcev, a resident of Sharya, Russia, became a witness of a interesting phenomenon: In the sky right above his house he saw a glowing cross. Vladimir Rostovcev shot a video on his camera and the story subsequently appeared on Russian News.
miracles jesus christianity jesus christ
faith catholic blogs christian blogs
signs and wonders
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Do you believe in medical miracles? The following excerpt is reprinted from a story written by Carrie Davis from WSPA regarding Bill Pitts, who is living proof that miracles do happen:
According to some people, Bill Pitts shouldn’t be here. He’s walking a life path he never thought possible and he’s been given a second chance to try a passion he’d only ever dreamed about.
Bill Pitts says, “I appreciate every day and I thank God for each day he gives me. I look at life a lot different today than I did in earlier years.“
You see Bill Pitts has stage four colon cancer. Three years ago he stopped all his treatments to live out his last days enjoying time with his family and his art.
Pitts says, “When I first got the news I was devastated. Medically speaking I am not supposed to be here, but here I am.“
According to his doctor, Dr. Steve Courso, Pitts is a medical miracle.
He says, “He was here just last month and he looks great. we can’t see any signs of the cancer in him.“
Dr. Courso says no one can figure out why these miracles happen. They are unexplainable by modern science.
Dr. Courso admits, “I don’t have a medical explanation. I just simply smile and realize God’s presence is in these patients.“
Bill Pitts says, “At some point they have done all they can do and at that point I believe is when God takes over in your life and that is the point I am at right now.“
At Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Chaplain Carson Rogerson says he’s seen cases like Bill Pitts before. He says he believes the miracles may occur when a persons mind, body and soul all get in line.
Chaplain Rogerson says, “ There is evidence to say a person who has practices of their faith whether it be prayer or meditation or some kind of worship attendance tend to have stronger immune systems. They certainly have a hope that would sustain them in difficult times.“
A study done at Pacific College of Medicine found that people who received prayer were six times less likely to be hospitalized than those who didn’t have someone praying for them.(In Matthew 21:22, Jesus said, "Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.")
The complete story can be read with a video interview at the following link: http://www.wspa.com/spa/lifestyles/health_med_fit/medical/article/medical_miracles/16792/
inspirational story inspiring story faith
miracles prayer christianity catholic blogs
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a beautiful set of prayers similar to a Rosary. In fact, it's said on Rosary beads. It was composed by St. Faustina Kowalska in response to visions she had from Jesus Christ, who revealed Himself as the Divine Mercy.
- Make the Sign of the Cross.
- Say this Optional Opening Prayer.
- O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
- Pray the Lord's Prayer.
- Our Father who art in Heaven, hollowed be Thy name. By kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us no into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Pray to the Virgin Mary.
- Hail, Mary, full of Grace, the LORD is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- Say the Apostle's Creed.
- I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
- Say the Eternal Father.
- Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
- Say "For the Sake..." prayer on the ten small bead of each decade.
- For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- Repeat for the remaining decades.
- Conclude with Holy God.
- Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- Say this Optional Closing Prayer.
- Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
- There is also a Novena of Divine Mercy traditionally prayed between Good Friday and the Feast of Divine Mercy (the Sunday after Easter).
- As with the Rosary, while it is helpful to have beads (and the Chaplet is easier to say on a full five-decade Rosary than on a one-decade or ring rosary), it is not necessary to have the beads. You can say the prayers on your hands by using one hand to count the five decades and the other hand to count the ten prayers by counting the fingers twice. However, using rosary beads is easier.
- As with the Rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is an indulgence prayer (see the Marians website for details). However, it isn't magic. Think about what you're saying, and try to draw a little closer to God and a little further from sin as you say the Chaplet.
- Another way of reflecting whilst praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is to focus on the five wounds of Christ: his head, his side, his two hands and two feet. Pray each decade while reflecting on the many sins we commit with our head (mind), our hands, our feet, etc. For example, we commit the sin of gossip with our mouth and our mind, the sin of assault with our feet and hands, the sin of envy with our eyes, etc.
- Offer each decade for a person who particularly needs prayer.
- Praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a good way of reminding yourself that God is God, and you are not, and you do need Jesus as your Savior. It's a healthy reminder that we all have sinned but God is ready and willing to forgive us, but not just so we can go out and sin again.
Things You'll Need
- Rosary beads or 10 fingers
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Friday, April 03, 2009
Wheelchair-boy 'miraculously walks again' at memorial visit to tomb of Pope John Paul II | Mail Online
The following excerpt is reprinted from Mail Online of a miracle being reported as connected to Pope John Paul II:
A child crippled by a kidney tumour was able to walk again after praying at the tomb of Pope John Paul II on the eve of the fourth anniversary of the late pontiff's death, it was claimed last night.
The nine-year-old Polish boy was brought to St Peter's Basilica on a pilgrimage to the grave of the Polish pope who died on April 2, 2005.
Last night Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz, the former private secretary of Pope John Paul, said that after praying at the tomb in the crypt of the Rome basilica he 'suddenly' started walking again.
Please visit the following link for the complete story: Wheelchair-boy Miraculously Walks Again
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Shortly after the shooting of February 21, 2009, hospital chaplain, Father Art Snedeker, gave Jory Aebly the rosary. In a press conference, Father Snedeker said "The first night that Jory arrived and I performed the sacrament of the sick, I also asked asked Pope John Paul to pray for Jory and to protect him." Through intercessory prayer, it is believed that Pope John Paul II was helpful in Jory's recovery. Jory also gives credit to family members and everyone that prayed for him.
The Vatican is said to be investigating cases of miracles that are connected to Pope John Paul II since his passing. The Vatican is also considering possible Sainthood for Pope John Paul by examining various stories of reported miracles according to ABC News.
Hebrews 13:7 states, "Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."
With respect to Pope John Paul II, I am reminded of Wisdom 3: 7 and 9, which states, "In time of their visitation, they shall shine, and shall dart about as sparks through stubble. Those who trust in him shall understand truth, and the faithful shall abide with him in love; Because grace and mercy are with his holy ones, and his care is with the elect."
For additional details regarding the recovery of Jory Aebly, please visit the following link: Vatican Investigates 'Miracle' Recovery of Man