Friday, October 09, 2009

1 Million Children Pray Rosary for Peace - Catholic Online



The following article and photo appeared on Catholic Online from the Zenith News Agency:

CARACAS, Venezuela (Zenit.org) - Venezuela's National Council of the Laity is encouraging children throughout the world to pray for peace and unity.

The plea is part of the annual campaign "One Million Children Praying the Rosary," which is set to take place this year Oct. 18.

The council explains on its Web site that the reason for the project is "because the world urgently needs peace and unity. Because God wants us to pray. Because prayer leads to faith, faith leads to love, love leads to service and service leads to peace."

This year, the organizers are asking children to pray three times: once on Oct. 16 in their schools, the second time on Oct. 17 in their parishes, and the third time on Oct. 18 with their families and friends.

The campaign recalls St. Pio of Pietrelcina's words: "And to think that if one million children prayed the Rosary. How many graces would be shed over the world!"

Those participating in the campaign are encouraged to send photos and testimonies of their local events.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loci! I want to thank you for stopping by my Blog. I have been having a lot of problems with my Followers disappearing and finally got them back tonight, and you are among them. Thank you very much. Isn't our God fantastic? Even though I study His Word regularly and He tells us to expect miracles, I still marvel when I hear of them happening or especially when I see them happening before my eyes. I have seen the miracle of healing countless times, I've layed hands on and prayed for people seeing God heal right there. It still amazes me. God is so awesome, and yet He cares about little ol' insignificant me. I feel His presence in every church service, when I talk to Him driving in my car and when I'm dancing for His edification and to praise Him at the altar. I feel Him all the time, all around me. It is a wondrous feeling. Thank you for your wonderful accounts of miracles, and beautiful pictures. God Bless You, Loci Lenar. Come back by and chat. You know where my blog's at.

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ, thank you very much for sharing your faith and kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete