Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Prayer Before a Crucifix


Prayer Before a Crucifix

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus,
while before Your face I humbly kneel and,
with burning soul,
pray and beseech You
to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments
of faith, hope and charity;
true contrition for my sins,
and a firm purpose of amendment.
While I contemplate,
with great love and tender pity,
Your five most precious wounds,
pondering over them within me
and calling to mind the words which David,
Your prophet, said of You, my Jesus:

"They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones."

Amen.


Photographed inside the prayer room of Sacred Heart Church,
Dover, NJ, USA.

Photo Copyright 2009 Loci B. Lenar

1 comment:

  1. I visited this blog first time and found it very interesting and informative.. Keep up the good work thanks..van leasing

    ReplyDelete